No SRT Subs, PMS 1.81.0

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

No SRT Subs, PMS 1.81.0

Postby xfriendsonfirex » Sat May 04, 2013 5:44 am

I'm trying to play an .avi movie with a separate .srt sub file. Both files have the exact same name, besides the file extension. The movie plays fine using PMS 1.81.0 with the MEncoder engine, but there is no sight of the subtitles in the Transcode folder. None of the transcoded videos have recognized subs.

I'm new to PMS, so I hope you'll forgive my ignorance. I've ensured that "Automatically load *.srt/*.sub subtitles with the same file name" is selected under General Subtitles Settings. What can I try at this point? The subs view fine on my computer when using VLC or Media Player Classic.
xfriendsonfirex

Re: No SRT Subs, PMS 1.81.0

Postby xfriendsonfirex » Sat May 04, 2013 6:14 am

Well, it's working now. I'm not sure which of the following solved the problem, but here is what I did:

1. Updated Java to 7 Update 21
2. Installed PMS as a Windows Service
3. After being unable to connect to PMS from the PS3 while running only as a Windows Service, I manually stopped the service and resumed GUI version

After restarting the GUI version of PMS, the subtitles are now showing in the transcode folder. Problem solved!
xfriendsonfirex

Return to General Help and Support