Playback Freezes on PMS 1.81 and Sony SMP N200

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Playback Freezes on PMS 1.81 and Sony SMP N200

Postby lightsword » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:25 am

HI everyone,

I have a problem I'm trying to solve on my system. Every time I try to play a .mkv file it will freeze as the file starts to load and it will hang my network streaming player so that it will need to be power cycled to start responding. Everything was working well on PMS 1.72; I uninstalled 1.72, installed 1.81 and no files will play. I'm able to browse my files and select them; the player will start it's loading animation, the animation will freeze for a moment, then resume for a few seconds and then freeze and become unresponsive. I've tried uninstalling and reverting to 1.72, 1.80, and back to 1.81; ensured that I have the latest version of java, and that none of my network has changed. I've used both mencoder and tsmuxer and both produce the exact same effect. I've even reset my DLNA client with no avail.

My setup: Linux server that houses the files, all files are still readily visible on all my devices and no settings have changed here. My renderer/DLNA server is my primary desktop computer, Core i3-2100 3.10Ghz, 8gb ram, Windows 7x64, Java 7 ver21 installed, fully patched, same av and firewall with no changes. My DLNA client is a Sony SNP-N200 media renderer which up to this point had worked well without any problems.

I've attached both my standard debug log and my trace debug log in hopes that it can help in the discovery of what is going wrong. I've tried to hunt through the forums/google and I didn't find anything that seemed to help; if there's something I've overlooked I'd be glad to try it. I tried to follow the steps in this article and it didn't seem to help at all. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16700.

Thank you all for all your hard work to develop a wonderful streaming and transcoding program.

Thanks

Lightsword
Attachments
PMS1.81DebugLogs.zip
(244.4 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
lightsword

Return to General Help and Support