PMS Newb, plz help.

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PMS Newb, plz help.

Postby Callmestretch » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:46 am

I never heard of this program until last night, I always had to convert my .mkv files which was a headache on my mac. So when I heard of this app I was so pumped, got it booted up and shared my directories. Went to play Ted (720p) and was amazed the .mkv file ran..started watching and bam stuttering. I have done the basics on what I know to do, mainly made it a wired connection instead of wireless and it still stutters bad. I have a 2.66 intel core duo w 8gb ram on U-Verse and I ran a speed test results are 11.42 down and 1.41 up. Is it my internet connection that makes it stutter or should I change settings? If it's change settings, I really dont know where to start on it..like I said I am a newb at that, just would like some insight on what I can do to fix the prob b/c I love this app!
Callmestretch

Re: PMS Newb, plz help.

Postby meskibob » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:27 am

Follow the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p42818
Remember that your WAN bandwidth has nothing to do with your LAN bandwidth.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Callmestretch » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:48 am

Yeah, thats the first thing I looked through and still am totally lost. =/
Callmestretch

Postby SyberSycho » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:03 am

This sounds familiar to what I had. My issued ended up being a bad Ethernet cable. I thought it was a switch I had because when I bypassed it, it worked. Then I did some more trial and error and found out that when I switched out the cable going into the switch it somehow worked. So my best answer is try a few different Ethernet cables and see if it helps. Also try as direct of a connection as you can to your ps3 to give the least amount of things that could be causing your issue then trouble shoot from there.
SyberSycho

Return to General Help and Support