Not upgrading from pms 1.21.1

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Not upgrading from pms 1.21.1

Postby jp0213x » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:26 pm

I've been using PMS a little over 2 years now and I've been using version 1.21.1 on my dedicated back end server without any major problems. Before upgrading any software I like to test it on another pc to make sure it works the way its suppose to. I haven't had much luck when it comes to upgrading PMS and testing. I am getting different results when it comes to the way PMS is transcoding videos.

For example

Server2k8 x64
Dual core 2.33ghz
4g of ram

Running pms 1.21 everything transcodes properly AVC, DTS etc, using TsMuxer. Occasionally I use MEncoder, when certain videos give me problems, but it works.

On my main pc, (testing machine)
Win 7 x64
Qaud core 2.8g
8 gig of ram

Using the latest version of PMS 1.81.0 and previous releases, video's are only being transcoded with mpeg2 and only put dolby 5.1 no dts and doesn't matter which video engine I use. This is the main reason why I refuse to upgrade because of the inconsistent performance, you never know what you are going to get if you decide to upgrade. Does anyone know why mpeg2 is being forced when playing mkv's, am I missing any settings in the newer releases?
jp0213x

Re: Not upgrading from pms 1.21.1

Postby meskibob » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:41 pm

The automatic remux feature was removed due to issues with tsMuxeR and several files. If you want to use tsMuxer, then you need select it from the #Transcode# folder or change around your engine priorities.
If you are selecting tsMuxeR and PMS is still fully transcoding, then more information is required - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=496 (#6 and #7)
As for the dolby/DTS, that depends on the file and your settings. Again, follow the problem reporting guidelines as linked above, and also provide the PMS.conf file - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=20#p32731
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support