Not Finding Renderers

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Not Finding Renderers

Postby wholocked10 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi,
My PC has an Intel Cor i5, 4gb ram, and windows 8.
While having this problem, I've used versions 1.80.0, and 1.81.0.
The problem started when I moved and switched from ATT to Xfinity. I have the xfinity gateway as the router, and two airport expresses extending the network. Both my ps3 and computer are connected wirelessly.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesn't work. The weird thing is that the trace tab has a thing that says that it should be available on my renderer, but then on the status tab it says that it cannot find renderers.

Thanks
Attachments
debug.zip
Debug file
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
wholocked10

Re: Not Finding Renderers

Postby akivam » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:28 am

The renderer is the output device.

Assuming as you said it was working previously and nothing changed but the router, then it must be the new router has an internal firewall that's blocking or filtering the connection between them. Alternatively in switching networks on windows on the computer, the windows firewall got activated and is doing the blocking.
akivam

Postby meskibob » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:48 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby wholocked10 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:12 pm

I've looked at the FAQ and it hasn't really helped me figure out what to do.
I have it as allowed in my firewall in windows. The weird thing is, PMS works fine on my mac, so I'm guessing that it has nothing to do with the new router. (For a while it didn't work on my mac but i just uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked, but it's not doing the same on my pc) (I want it available on my pc cause it's a huge hassle to move things from my PC if I happen to get them there to my mac just so I can watch it on a bigger screen) In the router settings, I have UNPN enabled, and all of the protections are off.
wholocked10

Return to General Help and Support