[Solved]PMS Playback errors

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

[Solved]PMS Playback errors

Postby Dash323 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:10 pm

This is a brand new computer I just built. So everything was basically from scratch from hardware to OS. So I dont really know whats wrong. Used to have PMS on my old laptop and it worked fine untl my laptop overheated and decided to shutdown. So after months of saving up finally built this system, but now cant play my mkvs on my Xbox :( Heres a description of what happens:

It start by stuttering maybe once or twice at the beginning of the video file and continues streaming only for the file to stop playing at any given time. Either at the close to the beginning or in the middle of the video file playing. Tried this http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=38484#p38969 thinking it might be the problem but still happens. Which is when I surrendered and decided to ask for help here. Please help! :'( I cant live without my anime :( and my family uses my HTPC most because I have it setup with a cablecard for them. I beg of thee :)

1. Your computer specs (CPU, memory, OS) and the exact version of PMS you are using (e.g. "1.53.0" or "Build 99932ae01", not "latest version").

AMD A-10 5800k
Kingston HyperX 8gb
Win7 64-bit
Latest Version.
I have System Monitor app on my tablet, and during operation I never see the CPU or RAM go anywhere above 60% unless its a huge file, like a 2gb movie I was watching yesterday. But that one worked flawlessly.

2. The device you are streaming to (PS3, XBox360, etc). If you are using a custom renderer profile, provide the .conf as well.
Xbox 360 and no CRP

3. If you're reporting a connection or streaming problem, please indicate your local network setup (WAN/ISP bandwidth does not matter) including connection type (Wifi, homeplugs, 100mbit ethernet, gigabit) and what you are connected through (direct connection, switch, router). E.g. PC <-Wifi G-> Linksys WRT54G Router <-100mbps-> PS3
Doubt this could be it but WIFI with an ASUS RT-N16 router. The HTPC is hooked through gigabit ethernet. While the Xbox is on WIFI

4. Which engine you are using if you are transcoding (MEncoder, AviSynth/MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR).
Whatever the default is. Never really played around with it cuz it always just worked.

5. Detailed information on what is not working.A copy of the debug.log per the following directions - FAQ: How can I supply details to help diagnose my problem?
File attached. Used the plug-in to make the file.

6. File-specific information - if you're having an issue with a specific file or set of files:
Its happening with some MKV files, meaning during transcoding. I mostly use PMS to watch my anime. An example file could be any release from Commiesubs. Seems to be the ones it happens the most with.

**Edited the attachment. Made a debug file with the "Trace" command enabled
Attachments
pms_dbg.zip
Updated debug file
(16.51 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Last edited by Dash323 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dash323

Re: PMS Playback errors

Postby Dash323 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:37 pm

I tried using VLC as an Engine alternatice. and it worked until then that died for some reason. Only happens with a few files though. Heres the debug log for this one.
Attachments
pms_dbg.zip
VLC Engine debug
(60.1 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Dash323

Postby chocolateboy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:33 pm

Try using FFmpeg (with a snapshot build).
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby barnito » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:58 am

I hate to break it to you, but the xbox wifi module is crap. I had the same problem, anything over 480p or a (certain bitrate) will stutter on wifi, as soon as you plug in ethernet the problem goes away...
barnito

Postby Dash323 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:14 am

barnito wrote:I hate to break it to you, but the xbox wifi module is crap. I had the same problem, anything over 480p or a (certain bitrate) will stutter on wifi, as soon as you plug in ethernet the problem goes away...

Not at all. Finally figured it out. :D Just had to do this:

http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16574#p78281
Dash323

Re: [Solved]PMS Playback errors

Postby mazey » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:25 am

if only the devs would update the windows mencoder build :P i promise this is the last time i say it. :D
PMS 1.90.2 Snapshot - Intel Celeron G1840 2.8Ghz / Asus Z97m-plus / Corsair Vengeance 8GB / Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
mazey

Return to General Help and Support