Windows 8 + PS3 Media Server

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Windows 8 + PS3 Media Server

Postby SweKiwi » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:00 am

I seem to have a quite common problem, but the solutions I've found for it have not been working out for me.

My problem is that my PS3 are detecting Windows Media Player, but not the PS3 Media server.
This is how it is:

- I forced the IP to 127.0.0.1 (which seems to be a must to make my PS3 detected by PS3 media server)
- Force default renderer "checked" (disable automatic detection), just to make sure it avoids Windows Media Player, since that's the thing that's appearing on my PS3.

So how do I solve this? The PS3 Media server says it has found my PS3:

.. but how do I make it appear on my PS3 and NOT the god forbidden Windows Media Player?
It all worked, on Windows 7.

I've also been tinkering with this:

.. wheras I've tried disabling it (Okänd enhet = Unkown device) so I wouldn't get Windows Media Player to show on my PS3.

ANY help is greatly appreciated! As I am at my wits end :cry:
SweKiwi

Re: Windows 8 + PS3 Media Server

Postby meskibob » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:02 pm

As stated in the other thread, follow the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=20#p34933
If you need additional assistance, provide specific responses to each help point listed in the FAQ.
That FAQ post contains every known issue regarding connections with PMS. However, you may have some new issue, in which case getting a packet trace (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16005#p76239) could help figure out what it is, but most likely you're overlooking something already listed in the FAQ.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Windows 8 + PS3 Media Server

Postby SweKiwi » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:11 pm

So. I've tried everything I found applicable without any luck. I don't even know where to begin at some points in the FAQ.

Isn't there anyone with a similar problem who could lend a heplfull hand? I can not find my issue stated in clearsight in the FAQ, so I've tried a few things I thought might work - to no avail.
SweKiwi

Return to General Help and Support