Weird Playback Speed Issues

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Weird Playback Speed Issues

Postby Comrade » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:19 am

Hi, just dropping in to see if I can get help with my problem - thanks for making such a great app otherwise though everyone!

So on some of the mkv files I play I will get odd events where after a minute or two of playback the video will suddenly start playing at double speed or higher, racing through the show, while the audio plays back as normal. I can fix it by selecting a new scene from the square button menu, but then the problem usually comes back after a few minutes, so I have to watch a video constantly resetting it with the square button.

Other mkv files I have just slowly desync themselves from the audio, with the pictures lagging behind the sound. It gets worse and worse as it goes on, and these files are basically unwatchable.

It's only some mkv files, and not most, but it seems like it's more and more of them as time passes. All these files playback fine on the PC I'm streaming them from.

Any ideas? Your help would be much appreciated.
Comrade

Return to General Help and Support