Problema con la ultima actualizacion de JAVA

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Problema con la ultima actualizacion de JAVA

Postby scorpion097 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Tengo un problema con la ultima actualizacion de java en Windows 7, no se abre el programa y me sale el siguiente mensaje
"PMS uses Java Runtime 7.0, it will now be downloaded and installed" ya probe limpiando el registro desinstalando y volviendo a instalar el programa PMS y no funciona tambien probe reinstalando Java y tampoco funciona, por favor una ayuda
scorpion097

Re: Problema con la ultima actualizacion de JAVA

Postby squadjot » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:28 am

English please =)

Download Java: ?
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
squadjot

Re: Problema con la ultima actualizacion de JAVA

Postby darkfiber » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:42 pm

I had this same issue. I am running PMS 1.72.0 on Windows 7 (64bit) I have the latest version of Java installed. When I run PMS a message pops up and says "PMS uses Java Runtime 7.0, it will now be downloaded and installed". It goes away for a bit then comes back with an error (which I forgot what it says but in essence it can't download Java and exits and PMS never runs). This seems to happen after a new version of Java comes out. The fix is to re-download Java from http://www.java.com and reinstall it. Regardless if you have the latest version or not. When Java installs it will remove the current install (regardless if it is the latest version or not) and install the current version. After I do that PMS runs fine. I suspect when the next release of Java 7 comes out this issue will pop up again.
darkfiber

Return to General Help and Support