Client for windows 7/8

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Client for windows 7/8

Postby Breizhad » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:19 pm

Hello,
first, sorry for my mystake, I'm french !!! :)

I've install PMS v1.7 on my linux (ubuntu) and it work well. I can see vidéos on my PS3 and even my phone (Galaxy Note 2), all good.
Then I bougth a laptop on windows 8, and I try to see movies by PS3MS but windows can't see files ??? I try with another on windows 7, same things.

Each time, windows see the serveur, log on it, but he can see files, all is empty. I try with MediaMonkey, exactly the same, it see the server but no one file ???
In the trace of PMS, it only happend it found WMP renderer and that's all.

Is anyone have an idea to see contents from the PMS on windows ?
Breizhad

Re: Client for windows 7/8

Postby s.oconnor » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:35 am

maybe check out my post i just posted viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16401, was having the same problems you seem to be having.
s.oconnor

Postby Breizhad » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks for your help.

I can't test now, ID that WMP wasn't show on my linux's PMS. And windows's firewall log just show nothing.... :evil:
Then I activate WMP as serveur in a windows, then I do have the key to finish procedure an other one and see firewall's modification he make.

And if it work I'll come back to make one guide. But I'm pessimist, I try to deactivae my firewall and test, but nothing change.
Breizhad

Postby billfnc » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:47 am

I have a similar scenario.

I have a Win 7 PC that has PMS installed on it, and has my media on it. I can connect to it with my Sony blu-ray player with out any problems. I just got a samsung tablet that I have installed Win 8 pro on. I want to be able to connect to PMS with the tablet to stream my media. I do not want to install any extra apps on the Win 7 box, but will install something on the tablet if needed.

When I go into WMP and select PMS on the tablet, I see: Music, Videos, Pictures, Recorded TV, and Playlists. None of these folders are shared folders through PMS. Just out of curiosity I went into WMP on the Win 7 box, and I get the same list of folders, and nothing else. This tells me that my problem is not a firewall issue. But I don't know what it could be.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to be able to connect to PMS from my tablet either using WMP, or using some other app? There isn't just a client version of PMS that I can install on the tablet...is there?

Thanks-
Bill
billfnc

Return to General Help and Support