[Solved] New to PSM, odd network setup and no renderers

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

[Solved] New to PSM, odd network setup and no renderers

Postby MagicBackPack » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:43 am

so as the title suggests I stumbled across this when me and my buddy went halvsies on a ps3 the other day, we like to watch alot of anime and I have quite a bit downloaded to my computer (in mkv format) I'm fairly computer/network savvy so I'm pretty certain my network setup will cause a few small issues. so first things first my network, I have a netgear wndr3700 as the primary router on this network, my wireless NIC card decided to take a dump on me so I have a linksys wrt54gsv2 that I put DDWRT on and am using in client mode (basically turns it into a wireless adapter with 5 ethernet ports which is nifty) so it's technically on a different subnetwork so it does not detect the PS3 on the network automatically. as for the second issue it says that there were no renderers found and as I haven't used the program before I'm not too familiar with whether or not it should auto detect them, should I select one, or will it choose one based off of the files I'm trying to stream. most of what I found on the faq/tutorials it only listed install walkthroughs and weren't too expansive on what kind of issues to expect and none really showed successful streaming. and I'm running windows 7 ultimate on a homebuilt gaming rig wireless g for the network and I don't have an ethernet cable long enough to plug the ps3 into the linksys so the easier answer is not possible. if you guys need anymore info just let me know and I'll provide it.
Last edited by MagicBackPack on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MagicBackPack

Re: New to PSM, slightly odd network setup and no renderers

Postby MagicBackPack » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:58 am

so a quick update, the network thing is no longer an issue, I fiddled with my ddwrt settings and got it running on the same network rather than running a subnetwork, now they're all happy on the same network, also it now has windows media player as a media renderer so once my buddies done with his game I'll give you guys an update on whether it will stream media or not or if I run across issues
MagicBackPack

Re: New to PSM, slightly odd network setup and no renderers

Postby MagicBackPack » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:04 pm

Sorry for the late update, was busy with work. I had some skipping issues but after setting the heapsize in the bat file to larger it works fine now so looks like all issues solved
MagicBackPack

Return to General Help and Support