Dupl/Multiplication of "Title 1"

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Dupl/Multiplication of "Title 1"

Postby Karis » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi,

this is a follow up on this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16335
Background was: PMS hasn't seen the audio language when watching a pure .VOB-file, meskibob recommended to re-encode the files.

It looked kind of strange to me that PMS doesn't want to look at the .IFO and/or .BUP files in the same directory as the .VOB file to search for the audio language. I played a bit with this stuff and found a solution for me: in the directory with all the .VOB/IFO/BUP files I generate new directories by hand, AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Then I copy the .VOB/IFO/BUP files to the VIDEO_TS directory. And voila - PMS can decode the audio language now. Same encoding, same files, just different directory structure.

Now to the next strange thing:

To find my remuxed stream, I need to hangle through the directory structure:
foo -> [DVD-ISO]VIDEO_TS -> Transcode -> "Title 1" -> Title 1 (MEncoder/AC3 english)

Every time I go back to foo and repeat the search for my remuxed stream I find one more "Title 1". I can easily create n entries named "Title 1", and they stay even if I switch off the PS3. I need to switch off/on the PMS to remove all the entries. If I start my search, there're a minimum of two "Title 1" entries available.

Is this still the wrong encoding? At least, I can watch my films in the desired language now... but can I do something to avoid the multiple entries? And second question: I do not understand why PMS is now able to find out the language with just a different directory structure, could something please explain this?

Thanks in advance,
Karis
Attachments
debug.zip
(4.45 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Karis

Re: Dupl/Multiplication of "Title 1"

Postby meskibob » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support