PS3MS no renderers found win 8??

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3MS no renderers found win 8??

Postby september » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:45 am

I just got my new laptop Lenovo Y500 16gb ram 1tb hd i7 etc. ANYWAY I've been having issues with PS3 media server, it rarely detect my ps3 or panasonic tv. Restarting the laptop sometimes helps. I've looked at the guides, but nothing seems to be helping. Even when I disabled the firewalls on the router and laptop and disabled nod32 antivirus added the laptop ip to DMZ on my dd-wrt loaded wrt54gl router..none of it helps, as I mentioned before, it sometimes works when I restart the laptop. On my old laptop running windows 7 I never had issues, but windows 8 and ps3 media server are giving me trouble. Also tried java 32 and 64 bit..nada. My old and new laptop ran the latest ps3 media server and java versions. This is a huge annoyance because I used the media server all the time. I found that when I install java 32 and uninstall it, the media server starts working with 64 bit, then when I quit it..it still stays on my ps3 even when I restart my laptop, but won't work until I turn the media server back on, then when I turn the ps3 off and on the server won't detect it again..PAIN IN THE ASS! :evil:
september

Re: PS3MS no renderers found win 8??

Postby september » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:58 am

Anyone? I don't know what else to do. When I connected my laptop with a network cable it works every time. Something is up with my wireless settings.

Edit: Forcing the network interface and ip seems to have fixed it.
september

Return to General Help and Support