(solved) AviSynth/FFmpeg settings

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

(solved) AviSynth/FFmpeg settings

Postby someitalian123 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:21 am

For my Avisynth/MEncoder setting I have this setup for watching old 4:3 content on 16:9 tvs

# AviSynth script is now fully customisable
# The following variables are available:
# <movie>: The complete DirectShowSource instruction, e.g. DirectShowSource(filename, convertfps)
# <sub>: The complete subtitle instruction if there's any detected (SRT/SUB/IDX/ASS/SSA)
# <moviefilename>: The video filename for if you want to do all this by yourself
<movie>
<sub>
clip.lanczosresize(704,480).addborders(8,0,8,0).converttoyuy2().WarpedResize(852,480,0.77,1).converttoyv12()
return last

It works great, but for variable framerate videos I'm having issues with Avisynth/MEncoder. However with AviSynth/FFmpeg the audio and video seem to remain in sync on variable frame rate videos, but my filters aren't being used. Under AviSynth/FFmpeg settings it appears that the only setting that are available are for ffmpeg and I can't use any avs script. Is there anyway to get around this?
Last edited by someitalian123 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
someitalian123

Re: AviSynth/FFmpeg settings

Postby someitalian123 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:55 am

OK apparently the answer to the whole vfr issue with avisynth/mencoder is to uncheck both "a/v sync alternative method" and "force framerate prased from ffmpeg" in the mencoder settings.
someitalian123

Return to General Help and Support