Won't load up - need help

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Won't load up - need help

Postby reeeech » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:29 am

I had PMS1.7.0 and was working fine.

However, I had updated to Java 7.13. And when I tried to boot up the PMS, I kept getting a message that it will download Java 7. However, it keeps timing out. So then I had updated PMS to 1.7.2. And I"m still getting the same message. Because it keeps timing out, I can no longer boot up the program.

I have everything update to date. What am I doing wrong?

I have been using PMS for a while and never had this problem.

Thanks in advance...
reeeech

Re: Won't load up - need help

Postby meskibob » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:57 am

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby reeeech » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:13 am

That doesn't really help me.

I have complete uninstalled both programs - java and PMS.

I'm still getting the message to download Java 7 - but keeps getting timed out.

Is there a link to PMS1.7.0? Everytime I try to click on the link it keeps getting directed to 1.7.2.
reeeech

Postby mazey » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:31 am

PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey

Postby meskibob » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:29 pm

Due to changes on the Java website, direct downloads are no longer allowed, which breaks the automatic download function in PMS - http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... il?id=1440
However, the reason you are having this issue (can't start PMS) is most-likely due to a corrupt Java install. Hence the FAQ link telling you how to check your Java install and do a full purge if necessary (not just an uninstall).
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support