Status No renders were found Please help

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Status No renders were found Please help

Postby jonb3331 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 pm

Not really sure what to say here. I have been using PMS for the better part of a year with zero problems. When I tried to run it today I am getting the message No renders were found.

I am running Win 8

Any help would greatly be appreciated thanks!

Here is a link to my Pastebin http://pastebin.com/RacuvxGW
jonb3331

Re: Status No renders were found Please help

Postby meskibob » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:04 am

Follow the After UDP Broadcast section of the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=32731#p34933
You may just need to reboot your router.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby jonb3331 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:56 am

Update: I have rebooted my route via unplugging it for 1 min then plugging it back in. I also rebooted my Ps3 and computer just to be on the safe side.
I logged into my router (Verizon Fios) and made sure everything was on the up and up (not being super techy I had limited knowledge of what I was actually looking at) I turned the firewall to low and made sure that the IGMP was clicked to disabled.

As I mentioned earlier I have been running the same computer and set up for the better part of a year. The only thing that has happened in the last few days was we had a power outage (very fast but long enough to turn off everything) and a Java Update. (I went to an older Java 7 update number 12 yet still ran into problems)

Here is another paste bin it seems like it found WMP and something known as unknown renderer
http://pastebin.com/KeYDRPLk Not sure if that will help out or not.

I am at a total loss what else can I post so you guys could help me out?
jonb3331

Postby jonb3331 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:23 pm

Here is a snapshot from my router as you can see IGMP is not enabled. Please help =)
I am convinced it is something with my router but as far as how to fix it i am at a total loss =( I have a verizon Fios router.
jonb3331

Postby meskibob » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Again, follow the FAQ. Despite saying that it's the same setup, automatic updates can reenable firewalls or change firewall rules, and ISPs occasionally update things for you.
Go through every help point and provide specific responses if you need additional assistance.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby jonb3331 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:46 pm

Meskibob, Thank you for the help I really do appreciate it. I called Verizon and they are sending me a new/better router (not sure if this with fix my problem or not)

Under the section After UDP Broadcast I have done the following:

Disabled my Mcafee Firewall and uninstalled Hamachi VPN

I rebooted my router and went into my routers firewall and set that to minimum (not sure where to check to disable SPI Firewall)
I am using a wired connection
and my IGMP is set to disabled as shown in the picture above.
I will be the first to admit that when it comes to networking I am a complete and total noob so the Dummies guide is a bit on the techy side for me. That being set I have no port forwarding ect.

When on the ps3 I search for media servers but nothing is found. I am at a total loss.
As far as auto updates reenabling firewalls or changing the firewall rules I dont not remember ever changing them in the first place. I do know that up until we had a power outage in my neighborhood everything was working in tip top shape since then nothing. I feel something was reset but I have no idea how i would go about finding what was changed.

*****UPDATE*****Just for fun I installed the PSM on my wifes computer and the playstation was able to find it just fine and dandy So now I am thinking it has something to do with my computer or network settings. PS3 can See my wife's PSM and Windows Media Player yet mine is still trapped somewhere in the void.

I can however see my wife's computer and her media on the network so that makes me believe that this computer is in fact on the network.

All computers are on the Same Homegroup as well.

Please help!
jonb3331

Postby jonb3331 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Fixed the problem!

The problem was with the firewall or Mcafee one of the two. I uninstalled Mcafee booted up PMS and everything was working fine. I then reinstalled Mcafee and booted up PMS and everything is fine again....

So happy!
jonb3331

Return to General Help and Support