Force Port Of Server Problem

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Force Port Of Server Problem

Postby GeneralGeorge » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Hello. I am using PS3Media Server with a HP pc and a wireless network feeding a PS3 Play Station and a Sony Bravia tv. Its working good except for one thing. When I fire it up the status comes up with a big red X indicating that it found no renderers. I have to go to General Configuration and change the "Force Port Of The Server to 6001 and then save it and do a Status and a Restart Server. Then everything is ok. The next time I fire it up the same thing happens and I have to delete the 6001 port force and again do a Status and a Restart Server. Anyone know why this happens and what I can do about it.
GeneralGeorge

Re: Force Port Of Server Problem

Postby meskibob » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:15 pm

Not sure what you mean by "Status". Also, how are you starting and closing PMS?
Running multiple instances of PMS on the same IP/port can cause issues, as listed in FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=32731#pms-pms_faq_connectivity_bind
Note that the X in the corner just minimizes PMS to the status bar, and that you need to use the Quit button to actually close PMS.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby GeneralGeorge » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:49 am

The Status is the left most column and displays what renderers you are connected to. I am only running one instance of PMS at one time and I do close it down all the way and not just minimize it . As I said the problem is I have to change the Force Port back and forth from 6001 to the default of 5001 each time I long on to get it to recognize any renderers. Thanks for your reply.
GeneralGeorge

Postby GeneralGeorge » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:50 am

Well, I never have gotten a satisfactory answer to this problem. Each time i log on to PS3 I get a big red x and a failure to find any renders. So I change the forced port to either 6001 or the default 5001 and restart the server. I then get a green check and everything works smoothly. I really can't believe no one else has this problem and the PS3 people haven't got an explanation. Well I guess its because they already have my $300 in the band and are not very worried about it.
GeneralGeorge

Postby jaytrain52 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:18 pm

I have the exact same problem and have not found a solution either.
jaytrain52

Return to General Help and Support