Stuttering on regular DivX steaming

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Stuttering on regular DivX steaming

Postby pdpkong » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:27 am

I'm having trouble steaming regular DivX. The streams constantly stutter and it just started happening to me after using PS3 Media Server for about 2 months. It didn't happen before currently I have my PS3 and PC both connected to my router through a ethernet cable and I have a WRT54Gv8. Is there a specific reason why my shows stutter now and did not before? I have the newest version of PMS and latest firmware update to my PS3. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
pdpkong

Re: Stuttering on regular DivX steaming

Postby Shape » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:56 am

I have the same problem, all was working fine, now its always stuttering.
I didn't change anything.
Shape

Postby pdpkong » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Is anyone else experiencing this? Can someone please help us? It's a bit frustrating trying to watch stuff through all the stuttering. Thanks.
pdpkong

Postby meskibob » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:27 pm

Need more info: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=496
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby pdpkong » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Sorry didn't know if this was necessary because I'm streaming regular DivX and not transcoding.

1- CPU is a HP Pavilion m9300t with 4 gigs ddr2 ram and 2.4 ghz quad core processor running on windows vista 64bit
2- Streaming through both wireless network and a Linksys WRT-54g V8
3- Stuttering when streaming regular DivX files *NO TRANSCODING* Video sometimes freezes and continues after 15-30 seconds occasionally sound is cut out.
4- N/A
5- a debug.log file excerpt, or you can zip the whole file. this file can be found in the application directory, or if you have UAC and Vista activated, likely found in the Windows temp directory (not sure where to find, if necessary will do this when I get home tonight)
pdpkong

Postby meskibob » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Also, could you post specific details about the file(s) you're having issues playing....
Use mediainfo (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en) to get the complete set of data.

As a general note to your issue, if you're just streaming and you get stuttering, then something is up with your network. Either your network is not performing where it should be , or the file exceeds the capabilities of your network (very likely with any use of WiFi).
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby radd77 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:38 pm

Same configuration, and exactly same stuttering problems here. My network is ok, it's a problem with the Ps3 Media Server streaming. Any ideas, apart from switching back to TVersity?
radd77

Postby LongbowFoSho » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:27 pm

I doubt its the fault of PMS, personally. It seems to me that wireless streaming gets worse and worse with each new PS3 firmware update. Just my .02
LongbowFoSho

Postby RDR » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:13 pm

I've noticed a that regular DivX streaming, even at bit rates <1Mbit/s, do stutter at irregular intervals.

What I've noticed is that first the sound stops and the video continues for a couple of seconds then it stops. Then the sound restarts catches up to where the video stopped at which point its all back in synch and eveything proceeds normally.

Not sure if this is what others are seeing.
RDR

Return to General Help and Support