PMS and Sony Bravia Thumbnail problem

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PMS and Sony Bravia Thumbnail problem

Postby twnewell » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:40 pm

i dont know if there is a fix for this but i have tried looking all over the site and searching on google, but i cant find a solution to my problem. i have PMS installed on my pc and as for streming its great, buy my problem is that it takes forever to generate the thumbnails on my tv. i mean for one thumbnail takes around 1 or 2 min, and with a screen with 45 icons on one page well lets say it would be faster to get up and transfer the files to my usb drive one at a time and watch.

i have tried this
untick generate thumbnails
untick image thumbnails

ticked enable the cache

im not sure what else to do.
if i could just get a listing of the files without any thumbnails that would be great, or even use a picture for all the files, that would be great as well.

if you can help please let me know

btw i have looked for enable media library in the navigation/ share settings. and its not there
so i have added my videos folder to the shared folders
i have also scanned the drive, with the magnifying glass and it only took 5 or 10 min, (guess 32gb ram and 4.25ghz processor helps as well as a ssd)
but nothing helps

last thing i can think to try is to let all the thumbnails load and hope it keeps a cache of them on the pc
twnewell

Re: PMS and Sony Bravia Thumbnail problem

Postby twnewell » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:39 pm

No help?
twnewell

Postby Illico » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:04 pm

I suggest to use serviio media server, its based on library cache, thumbnails and browsing are faster, and profiles are optimized for sony devices. This is the reason why I still do not use PS3MS.
Sony Bravia KDL-46EX501 | Sony BDP-S373 | Sony SMP-N100 |Serviio / PS3MS | Buffalo 2Share DD
Illico

Postby mazey » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:08 pm

i really wish you would stop doing that i see so many posts by you discouraging other users and telling them to use serviio, its crap. you can't even browse folders on it. why do you still come here if you dont even use PS3MS.
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey

Postby styro » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:44 am

I also have a sony bravia mine is a kdl-z5100 & it only takes about 2-3 seconds show thumbnails. What size thumbnails do you use, & were are thumbnails located. I'd like to help.
styro

Postby aziztt » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:07 pm

mazey wrote:you can't even browse folders on it. why do you still come here if you dont even use PS3MS.

ive been using Serviio for over a year now and find it much reliable than ps3ms. Not sure why you cant browse folders, it works fine for me on my Bravia TV and loads much much faster. For some reason with ps3ms is loads each item one by one (really really slow :x ) but Serviio shows it in a flash.

Serviio has defo upped the game now they support burned-in subtitles. I dont even see any updates with ps3ms, exsport emailed me 4 months ago saying there will be an an update but nothing. Seems like the devs have forgotten about this old once reliable server.
aziztt

Postby Illico » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:00 pm

mazey wrote:i really wish you would stop doing that i see so many posts by you discouraging other users and telling them to use serviio, its crap. you can't even browse folders on it. why do you still come here if you dont even use PS3MS.

Hi,
I still come here, to see how PS3MS evolves, but in fact I usually download and try it, and again I don't see really progress on Sony Bravia support ( I don't have PS3 or other devices), this is the same conclusion with PLEX server.
All are good products, but still have problems (slow browse with PS3MS is one example).
For now, serviio really supports Sony Bravia's devices.

It is simply a constructive remark: By default, why PS3MS don't use a cache like serviio ?
Sony Bravia KDL-46EX501 | Sony BDP-S373 | Sony SMP-N100 |Serviio / PS3MS | Buffalo 2Share DD
Illico

Return to General Help and Support