Extreme audio slowdown

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Extreme audio slowdown

Postby Menthus » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:53 pm

I've been trying to stream the 2nd season of Game of Thrones to my PS3 with PMS and for some reason after the intro is done, the audio slows to a crawl and becomes badly distorted. All the video's are from the group "IMMERSE". I haven't been able to find any other suitable versions so I'm posting here in hopes that someone here recognizes the problem and has a solution for it.

Thanks in advance.
Menthus

Re: Extreme audio slowdown

Postby KeFor » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:57 pm

I have the same problem, had it with the first season of Banshee and now with the third of Game of Thrones. Would be great if anyone knew what is wrong?
KeFor

Postby KageKevSama » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:38 am

Hey guys, I had the exact same problem with Game of Thrones Season 3 after the intro but I found a fix. On PMS go to Transcoding Settings, Audio Settings, and check "Use LPCM for audio." I'm not even sure what that stuff means but if anyone has any better solutions post it up. I'd be interested to know.
Last edited by KageKevSama on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KageKevSama

Postby praetorpwj » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:12 am

Just on a side note can you people play GOT in 5.1 sound? And if so what trancoder settings do you use?
praetorpwj

Postby KeFor » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:46 pm

KageKevSama wrote:Hey guys, I had the exact same problem with Game of Thrones Season 3 after the intro but I found a fix. On PMS go to Transcoding Settings, Audio Settings, uncheck "Keep AC-3 track", and check "Use LPCM for audio." I'm not even sure what that stuff means but if anyone has any better solutions post it up. I'd be interested to know.

Thanks a lot, that worked like a charm!
KeFor

Postby pjamedia » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:07 pm

The only way I can get GOT S3 to play audio properly is to use the FFMpeg decoder. MEncoder seems to play the background track, then in some scenes slow motion dialog type audio. Using MEncoder, the above suggested fix of using LPCM for audio, did not work for me. Going to leave FFMpeg at the top of my list from this point until a working fix can be fathomed for MEncoder. Also works fine using VLC as decoder, but the 1min search scene selection (square button on PS3 remote) does not display thumbs using VLC.
pjamedia

Resolved: Extreme audio slowdown

Postby pjamedia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:24 pm

I just tried older versions of PMS,

1.8 fail!
1.72 fail!
1.71 fail!
1.54 - works fine!

In 1.54 there are no audio 5.1ch sound issues on MEncoder, no slowdown either and no video jumping! Now I need to know what changed from versions > 1.54 to cause the sound issues?
pjamedia

Return to General Help and Support