Audio / video not in sync

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Audio / video not in sync

Postby rmesdjian » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:53 am

I just started experiencing this problem playing ISO images after upgrading to the latest Windows version of 1.72.0. I've been playing these ISO images for sometime now on an older PC and just noticed it on a newer built PC. So, thought I should go back to the old pc and the problem still exists.

I've been reading the forum and looking for a fix but without success. Some of the solution are not clear enough to try. If possible I would like some assistance with two things:

1. A bit more concise instructions for fixing the issue.
2. Where can I find the 1.71.0 or 1.70.0. When I go to the home page and click on these versions for download they point to 1.72.0 for the Windows version. I would like to downgrade to troubleshoot further.

On the old pc I am running Win 7 32bit with 2GB of RAM, with all the Windows patches.
On the new pc I am running Win 7 64-bit with 8GB of RAM, with all the Windows patches.

Let me know if there is any other detail you need to make troubleshooting easier.

Thanks,

Raffi
rmesdjian

Re: Audio / video not in sync

Postby rmesdjian » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:34 am

After trying many things it came to this simple configuration change.
1. Start PS3 Media Server
2. Click on "Transcoding Settings"
3. Click on "Common transcode settings" in the left pane
4. In the right pane uncheck this setting:
"keep AC-3 track(no re-encode, may cause inaudible dialog and A/V sync issues)(AviSyncth not supported).
5. Save your settings.
6. Quit PS3 Media server.
7. Make sure you don't have any other instances of PS3 Media Server running.
8. Start PS3 Media Server.

This configuration change worked for me on Win 7 and Win 8 on the same PC (dual-boot) setup.

Note: In Win 8 I had to manually download and install the latest 64bit JRE from the Oracle.com web site.

Hope this helps others.
rmesdjian

Return to General Help and Support