Need help forcing transcode of MKV with subtitles to android

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Need help forcing transcode of MKV with subtitles to android

Postby Xfraze » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:59 pm

Hello,

I recently purchased a nexus 7 and after looking into things, discovered that PMS could be used to stream to it. I am attempting to do so from a local network. The problem I'm running into is that the nexus 7 can play MKV with the right apps, but if I attempt to load subs then the video quality suffers greatly, this is why I figured using PMS to transcode and then stream to my nexus would be a good idea.

I forced the transcode of MKV under common transcode settings, but unfortunately the transcode buffer status crashes. Specifically, it starts to buffer, and then quickly goes into the negative range and video playback does not occur on the tablet. If I remove the forced transcode setting, then the tablet will play the media, but it does transcode resulting in the loss of video quality.

How can I correct this, and what information do I need to provide in order to expedite assistance, assuming this is possible?
Xfraze

Re: Need help forcing transcode of MKV with subtitles to and

Postby Xfraze » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:17 pm

Is this impossible to do?
Xfraze

Return to General Help and Support