Just updated to latest version, now videos jump ahead

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Just updated to latest version, now videos jump ahead

Postby yxalitis » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Windows 7 x64 i5 750 4GB RAM.
Streaming to PS3 via Wifi from Billion BiPAc 7800N

However, none of the above has changed, I have been streaming video for many years without this glitch happeneing (I did get stuttering playback, but I know htat's just me maxing out my wifi.

All I did was update PSM from an (old) version to the latest build:
1.72.0 Build: d9fd0a44c

Since then, this problem happens on some files, especially pesky MKV ones. Using the various options in the MENCODER folder offered no improvement

I read the FAQ on this, and have changed the Java heap size in PMS.bat, updated to the latest Java build (After uninstalling the previous version).
I then rebooted, restarted everything, and tried again.
Result, no change, Dr Who and the Snowmen skips ahead many minutes after a few minutes playtime.
The interesting thing is, I downloaded that particular file and played it prior to updating PSM, and it played FINE! No skipping ahead!
I had a look at the video playback settings, and under Video Quality Setting,s I chose "Medium quality for HD WiFi..." but it didn't seem to stick, (as in when I restarted PSM, it went back to the default option.

Any help appreciated!
Attachments
debug.rar
(7.81 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
yxalitis

Re: Just updated to latest version, now videos jump ahead

Postby meskibob » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Are you launching PMS using the PMS.bat file? Launching PMS using the .exe will not utilize the heapsize change.
If you are, please post your PMS.bat file.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby yxalitis » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:16 am

Um...no..no I wasn't...me stoopid.
I did that, and now it's working.

Thanks!!
yxalitis

Postby OneWingedAngel » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:58 am

I'm having this problem, but I run PMS as a Windows service. Can this solution be adapted for my situation?
OneWingedAngel

Postby meskibob » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:10 pm

Yes, and it's already covered in the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p38969
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support