Video content skipping, please advise

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Video content skipping, please advise

Postby starterz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:15 am

Hello, thank you all for your great effort in PSM.

I have just installed it tonight, after looking through countless media servers to be able to stream video with external .SRT subtitles to my Philips 40PFL6606H/12 TV set.

For the subtitles, it works like a charm, PSM detected the Philips TV as renderer and the video shows with great looking subs - no problem there.

The thing is, the video skips. Not just frames, but it skips forward from one time position to another. While playing, everything plays smooth and the subs are transcoded correctly.

The network: Linksys WRT54GL router, Philips TV connected via ethernet, two laptops with Windows 7 and PSM connected via WiFi (802.11g - signal excellent). I tried installing and streaming from both laptops, the skipping happens in both cases. I can see that the processor usage runs high when transcoding, but never stays at 100% (most of the time at 85-90%).

Could someone point me to the right direction to resolve the skipping of the movie/tv episode? I was testing on both laptops with [mod]link removed[/mod]

Thanks and all best.
Last edited by meskibob on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove link
starterz

Re: Video content skipping, please advise

Postby meskibob » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:04 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Video content skipping, please advise

Postby starterz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Thank you for your reply. I think that switching to ethernet while playing video solved the problem. All best.
starterz

Return to General Help and Support