XBOX360 Wont play music

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

XBOX360 Wont play music

Postby rays1074 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:35 pm

So, much to my delight i heard that my beloved ps3 media server would work with my xbox360 as well. However this does not seem to be the case.

When I navigate to MUSIC on the xbox, it sees the PS3 media server...however this is what happens:

1. I select "PS3 Media Server"

2. In the menu on the right, i select my C: drive

3. The menu that comes up shows me "Documents and Settings,Program Files,Temp,Users,Windows"

4. I select USERS, to browse to my music.

5. The menu that comes up displays "Play Song/Add to current playlist". It seems to be treating the folder as if it is a song, and i cannot navigate any further into the subfolders to access my music.

However, when I go to XBOX video, it allows me to navigate ALL my folders and subfolders and i can find my music there. However, i cannot play it from the video tab of the xbox.

I did a search of the forum, and tried using the magnifying glass and checking the cache box. That did not resolve the issue.

Anybody know if there is a work around for this? I dont use it for movies, only music so i am really hoping to try and get this resolved.

Thank You!
rays1074

Return to General Help and Support