MP3 album artwork

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

MP3 album artwork

Postby Skate » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:25 am

Hi All

This is my first post so hello to everyone on this forum. I am new to the PS3, and to PS3MS, so a bit of a n00b.
I have install PS3MS without any problems, so far the default settings are working fine, playing movie ISO'S, AVI's, and MP3's without any problems.
My question is about cover art for my MP3 albums. When I go into an album folder the cover art is shown against each track, which is great, but at the top level where I can see all my albums there is no cover artwork shown, just the default folder icon.
I have the artwork for each album inside the folder as 'folder.jpg' Is there any way this can be shown as cover art at the top level? If so what do I need to do?

Thanks
Skate

Re: MP3 album artwork

Postby shagrath » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:58 am

ps3 does not support folders thumbnails, unfortunately... only items ones
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Skate » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:09 pm

Ok thanks shagrath, so that is a limitation of the actual PS3 itself not PS3MS.
And thanks for such great piece of software.
Skate

Postby eQuation » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:57 pm

Are your mp3 files on a NAS or PC? Then just do the folowing when streaming via PMS:

Make sure the mp3's all have the art in the mp3 itself. So not just the folder the album is in but per track. You can do this with all kind of tag progs. I use mp3tag (freeware).

Make sure the album art is not bigger than 100kb (size isn't that important though I keep them 300x300), when done you will see that the album art is showing while playing your songs!

(PS: the only other option, which really isn't one, is to put the mp3's on the HDD of the PS3 itself, then they'll show as well, I'd go with the PMS solution!)

Hope this helps buddy!

[EDIT] reading it again I wonder if this is really an answer to your question, but than again, it might help others...) ;-)
eQuation

Return to General Help and Support