Same computer, same PS3, new network, and it stutters madly

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Same computer, same PS3, new network, and it stutters madly

Postby jpveedubs » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:51 pm

For a few months, now, I've been using PS3 Media Server off of an old(er) MacBook Pro to stream videos of various sizes and qualities to my PS3. Up until today (I moved), there have been almost no issues. There have been occasional bouts of stuttering here and there (to be expected), but nothing terrible. I could watch an hour-long video and only see this happen once or twice (or not at all!).

I hooked up the PS3 in my new place, and the laptop and hard drives (even the same Linksys wireless router), and reset the network and devices. Started watching a video, and it couldn't even play for a split second without stuttering. I let it keep going for a bit, thinking it would improve, and it didn't. Roughly two minutes of video took between five and ten minutes to actually show.

What might be my issue, and how could I resolve this?
jpveedubs

Re: Same computer, same PS3, new network, and it stutters ma

Postby jpveedubs » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:49 pm

...I'm seeing a few suggestions for Windows machines on here ("editing the batch file", for example) that I'm trying as best I can, but I don't know how to do the equivalents of at least a few of those things (like editing the batch file) on a Mac.
jpveedubs

Postby meskibob » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:52 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby jpveedubs » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:59 pm

That helped, actually. Thanks! It's still skipping way, way more than it ever did, but this is leagues better. I'm sure that a wired connection FROM the server would help, too, but there's no practical way to do that, right now (I never had it in the first place, anyway).
jpveedubs

Return to General Help and Support