disconnects

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

disconnects

Postby badmack » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:41 am

I am beating my brains out over a periodic disconnect problem that happens with regularity but not all the time. It happens with both MKV and MP4 files. I don't think it's a file format issue because it will occur with a file and then later the same file will play without issue. I don't think it's my router because I bought a new one and the issue still persists. I know wireless is not considered ideal but I've gone to a pretty high end router to try to alleviate the problem.

My router firmware is up to date as is all my drivers. I am reasonably certain that I am not transcoding because the buffer on the status tab shows no activity.

The error message I get is either, "This file is invalid" or "the device has become disconnected" and usually occurs after a few minutes play. Sometimes PMS no longer shows as a connected device on the TV but the status window on PMS indicates otherwise.

Computer Specs - Intel I7 950 3 ghz quad core, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
Router - Connected wirelessly to Netgear WNDR4500 (N900). There is no other traffic on this router.
PMS version - 1.72.0 build 2012-11-18
Streaming to LG Smart TV model number 47LM6400

Any tips?

Also - I have a bunch (7) of hs_err_pid####.log files in my PS3 Media Server folder. Let me know if they may be of help.
Attachments
debug and mediainfo.zip
(5.43 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
badmack

Return to General Help and Support