Issues with MKV files on Xbox 360

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Issues with MKV files on Xbox 360

Postby fall3n » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Hi. I'm having some issues playing many MKV files. I never had any issues when I had 1.54 installed, but i wanted playback functionality to my android tablet. I upgraded to version 1.72 and it's working perfectly for my tablet, but now i'm having problems with MKV files for the xbox 360. My issue specifically is that the MKV video starts to play and about 2-3 minutes in, it freezes and then stops playing and gives me the 69 error. I looked into the FAQ about Re-Muxing my files but the ones i tried had everything grayed out, and i couldn't re-mux it by changing the compression. I even went through and completely uninstalled PMS and started fresh. I also have been exhaustively searching the forums, but i haven't seen anyone who came up with a valid solution to this problem. I would really like to keep this version as it works with my tablet.

Have any of you guys had this issue or do any of you have a solution for this?

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 64-Bit
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K Quad-Core @ 3.3GHz
RAM: 8 GB
PMS Version: 1.72.0 Build d9fd0a44c (2012-11-18)
Engine: MEncoder, but i've tried all of them

Thank you!
Attachments
info.zip
contains my debug and mkvinfo text files
(6.68 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
fall3n

Re: Issues with MKV files on Xbox 360

Postby ihatehume » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Similar problem in this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15884 but no error message is given for those people.
ihatehume

Return to General Help and Support