Mencoder issues

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Mencoder issues

Postby Stown » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:55 am

I have looked around and couldn't find anything, im sorry if i overlooked the answer.

For the longest time I have had this issue. Some movies will have (Mencoder) next to the title. These files cannot be copied to the HDD of my ps3. It will bring up the progress bar like it is streaming and not transferring. i.e. xxxx kb/sec instead of xx%
This seems to always happen for mkv files, but i have seen it happen for a few other types.
If i let it go it never ends.

Is there a fix for this? I like to copy movies to my hdd and watch later, not stream. (it messes up gaming on my pc for me while i stream)

I have updated to the latest version, still the same.

Thank you for this wonderful program, I love it!
Stown

Re: Mencoder issues

Postby meskibob » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Those files are being transcoded. Because PMS doesn't know the output filesize, it will be a rate instead of a percentage, and the output filesize can be much larger than the source filesize.
Please consult the Help tab or the FAQ for more general information about PMS and what it does.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support