Subtitles bug?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Subtitles bug?

Postby radamanthyspl » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Just a quick question, never run into a problem with pms with my old config, but I upgraded my system to windows 8, installed pms 1.70.1 and run into my first problem yesterday.
I wanted to stream a movie with polish subtitles, but originally I downloaded idx/rar package in english. After I noticed that wrong subtitles are showing I went on to delete idx/rar files but then no matter what I did: 1) I could not force pms to stream polish subtitles in srt, 2) if subtitles did load, these were english ones that I had deleted!

I did eventually manage to force pms to show correct subtitles (set language priority in settings), but the main question is: how is that possible for media server to keep using subtitles that are no longer present in the folder? Are they stored in some sort of temp folder forever? Mind you that I even changed the name of the movie file so that pms wouldn't associate it with subtitles file, but that wouldn't work. Really irritating!

Side question: what do I do to prevent movies from going out of sync? That prometheus movie I tried watching would speed up to about 1,5x all of a sudden, and audio would go out of sync - rewinding in hopes that it would put the movie back on track wouldn't work as this would just make the movie play from the beginning.
radamanthyspl

Re: Subtitles bug?

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:20 pm

radamanthyspl wrote:installed pms 1.70.1

FAQ: I have a problem with PMS. Do I need to upgrade anything?

the main question is: how is that possible for media server to keep using subtitles that are no longer present in the folder?

They are probably embedded. Impossible to say without more details.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to General Help and Support