Set up PS3 Media Server for Xbox 360

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Set up PS3 Media Server for Xbox 360

Postby repeated_love » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:37 am

Hi I was using TVersity to stream to Xbox 360 but couldn't get mkv or files converted to mp4 to work so found out about PS3 Media Server. I have downloaded the latest version but can't even connect to the Xbox 360 is there an online guide or could someone please help me out as to what I have to do.

Currently it is trying to contact the PS3 and then fails. I don't have or want it to do that I have Vista PC hooked up to a router and going to the Xbox 360.

Thanks
repeated_love

Re: Set up PS3 Media Server for Xbox 360

Postby maartmo » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:04 pm

Did you check if it shows up on your xbox ?
maartmo

Postby cadmas » Fri May 29, 2009 11:23 pm

I have the same issue. I have loaded the software but do not see any place to specify that I am connecting to an Xbox and not the PS3. How do you select the Xbox in the interface?
cadmas

Postby pmos69 » Sat May 30, 2009 2:54 am

PMS announces itself in the network as a media server.
It's up to the media clients, such as the ps3 or xbox to contact the server or not.
PMS is ready to answer any requests made by supported media clients.
The xbox is one of the clients supported.
pmos69

Postby cadmas » Sat May 30, 2009 8:53 pm

Thank you Pmos69, that is what I was missing. It showed up on my Xbox and I was able to connect to all the movies and other files. The only other problem I had was that the sound is not working. But, even if it did it would not help as the interface is not easy enough for anyone in my family to use. I think I will just hook up a PC to my TV and use Media Center without the Xbox. It is too bad that MS could not at least replicate the same PC Media Center experience on the Xbox... it is going back to the store.
Thanks again for the answer :)
cadmas

Return to General Help and Support