Video has line artifacts help

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Video has line artifacts help

Postby Horo » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:32 am

When i watch mkv hd movies i don't get any of these lines but when i watch anime mkv files that have to transcode. I get a lot of these like line artifacts that goes across the whole screen. Anyone know what settings i can use to get rid of them?

Image Image

3.30Ghz Dual core w/ 2.75 gb of ram and its streaming to ps3 through wifi latest CCCP installed
Horo

Re: Video has line artifacts help

Postby meskibob » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:50 am

One post at a time.... (other is now deleted)
Have you tried changing the channel of your router? If that doesn't work, then we need more info: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=496
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Horo » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:58 pm

after changing router channel from 6 to 11 it seems to help a bit. I see less lines now and it comes out slower than before. I want to try getting rid of it completely if anyone knows how. It only happens with my mkv animes.

trancoding with mencoder
E4300 @ 3.30ghz win xp sp3
2.75 gig ddr2 ram
wifi
CCCP (codeck pack)

Edit: I went into the transcode folder and tried the tsmuxer file and it plays fine no lines at all but there's no subtitles after the intro...
Horo

Postby meskibob » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:49 pm

Horo wrote:after changing router channel from 6 to 11 it seems to help a bit. I see less lines now and it comes out slower than before. I want to try getting rid of it completely if anyone knows how. It only happens with my mkv animes.

trancoding with mencoder
E4300 @ 3.30ghz win xp sp3
2.75 gig ddr2 ram
wifi
CCCP (codeck pack)

Edit: I went into the transcode folder and tried the tsmuxer file and it plays fine no lines at all but there's no subtitles after the intro...

Channel 1 is also a standard wifi channel, give that a try. The only way to get rid of this completely will be to wire up your network. As for tsmuxer, it doesn't support transcoding with subtitles, so you'll need mencoder for subs.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support