hidef+ DTS-MA streaming

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

hidef+ DTS-MA streaming

Postby danielt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:34 am

I am having trouble manipulating Blu-ray material to the PS3. It streams just fine, but can't FF, RW, or use scene search. These functions work fine for DVD based material. Here is current setup:

PS3media server:
Win 7 64bit
AMD 965BE
8GB ram

Renderer: PS3 Media Player

Network
1Gbit between server and PS3.

files:
mp4/mkv created by Handbrake.

What works:
m4V container: DVD based material with Dolby Digital soundtracks
mkv container: DVD based material with DTS soundtracks

What doesn't work:
m4V container: blu-ray material with DTS-MA soundtracks
mkv container: blu-ray material with DTS-MA soundtracks.

Again, the material streams fine for both audio and video. If I attempt to FF, RW, or do a scene search, I get the following error in the debug.log file:
INFO 2012-11-22 19:44:53.755 [mencoder.exe-42] Process G:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server\win32\mencoder.exe has a return code of -1073741819! Maybe an error occurred... check the log file

I've attached the debug log. Look for 'A New Hope (1).mkv' for an mkv example, and look for 'Phantom Menace.m4v' for an MP4 example.

Based on the forum searches here and at handbrake, I'm going down the following paths:
1. Large file size (7-9GB) can't be handled by PS3 via streaming.
2. Something with the DTS-MA stream is an issue.
3. something wrong with mencoder.

Next test is to take a sample blu-ray file and run through handbrake at very low resolution to get a smaller file, but leave in DTS-MA.
Then same video, with standard DTS track.

any other suggestions?
Attachments
debug_trouble.zip
log file
(6.67 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
danielt

Re: hidef+ DTS-MA streaming

Postby danielt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:52 am

well, both tests failed. That eliminates file size as an issue as I was less than 4G and makes DTS/mencoder the primary issue. I'm guessing something in the time seek fails with a DTS-HD track. as long as you start from the beginning and don't stop, it works fine....
danielt

Return to General Help and Support