dts hd-ma

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

dts hd-ma

Postby bkrieger » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:13 am

Hi,
I am hoping you can help me. I am using ps3 media server with a ps3, and hdmi audio receiver capable of transcoding dts-hma as well as all audio hd codecs. I am trying to figure out what settings should be used in the ps3 media server. My ps3 fat is only compatible with lpcm, not bit stream. Do I check -Use Lpcm Audio-no re-encode, Keep AC-3 track, and Keep DTS track? I am using both hdmi, and ps3 media server 1.72.

Thanks

Brad
bkrieger

Re: dts hd-ma

Postby ExSport » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:21 pm

With DTS HD-MA forgot it.
Decoder in MEncoder can extract core DTS only (5.1) which can be encapsulated to PCM2.0 stream and send to PS3->external receiver.
There is no option how to pass full DTS HD-MA to any (fat/slim) PS3. Also if you will use LPCM option, decoder will extract core 5.1 so you will encode this core DTS it to LPCM only.
Only TrueHD decoder in MEncoder is able to extract it in 7.1 so LPCM reencode option will make 7.1 LPCM audio without problems.
ExSport

Re: dts hd-ma

Postby bkrieger » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:08 am

Ok, so to get lpcm to work with mencoder, are there any settings I need to enable to get truehd decoder in mencoder to work? For the dts, will it be better sound quality if I have "keep dts track", "use lpcm for audio", and "keep ac-3 track" checked?
bkrieger

Return to General Help and Support