Unable to see PMS from my Blu Ray (and vice-versa)

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Unable to see PMS from my Blu Ray (and vice-versa)

Postby Jeremiah » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:26 am

I'm running a new Win8Pro x64 laptop, 8 cores, 16 GB RAM with PMS 1.71.0. I'm attempting to connect to a Sony BDP-S580 Blu Ray player.

The installation seemed to go smoothly, but PMS was unable to detect the Blu Ray and vice-versa. I went through the FAQ and everything checked out:

• My trace file has the line, "INFO 2012-11-15 23:03:11.371 [main] The server should now appear on your renderer," so presumably I'm dealing with a "After UDP Broadcast" issue.
  • I've completely disabled Windows Firewall.
  • I've completely disabled Windows Defender.
  • I have no other firewall/anti-virus software running on my laptop.
  • I've disabled User Account Control and run PMS as an administrator.
  • I successfully pinged the Blu Ray from my laptop.
  • I confirmed that I'm connected to my private network, not a public/guest network.
  • I confirmed that both the laptop and Blu Ray are on the same subnet.
  • I rebooted the laptop and Blu Ray player several times for good measure and also restarted my router.
  • I previously tested Windows Media Player, Plex Server, and XBMC. All three of those "just worked" and were able to connect to the Blu Ray (and vice-versa).
  • If I start Windows Media Player on my laptop, PMS "sees" WMP and vice-versa, and WMP "sees" the Blu Ray, but PMS still does not "see" the Blu Ray.

I've read through a variety of posts and haven't found any additional helpful information. I'm stumped. What should I try next?

It looks like PMS advertises all the features I was missing from other media servers I've tried, so I'm anxious to give it a go, but I don't know what to do from here. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
Jeremiah

Return to General Help and Support