Streaming Lossless and Lossy Audio Directly To Receiver

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Streaming Lossless and Lossy Audio Directly To Receiver

Postby Splise » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi. After endless searching I am unable to find much information on what I am trying to accomplish, surprisingly. There is some info, but it is mostly outdated.

I am looking for the correct configuration to stream the highest quality audio available using PMS 1.70.1. I also want to pass that audio stream through my PS3 to be decoded by my receiver. My PS3 (slim) is connected to my receiver via HDMI, and HDMI from the receiver to the TV. I have a receiver that can decode DTS HD and DolbyTrueHD. I have set my PS3 to use Bitstream for the Audio Output Format (HDMI) as I have read that the slim models can bitstream advanced audio streams over HDMI to my receiver. I do not want my PS3 to decode, only my receiver.

Where my confusion comes in is with PMS an the Audio Settings. How should my "Common Transcode Settings" be configured to pass DTS HD and DolbyTrueHD as well as lossy audio to my receiver? Is there something else that needs to be configured that I may be missing?

I am looking for the exact settings, and any additional configuration I would need to accomplish this. Namely the "Use LPCM for audio", "Keep AC-3 track", "Keep DTS Track", and "Remux DVD ISO Video Track" settings.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Splise

Re: Streaming Lossless and Lossy Audio Directly To Receiver

Postby Splise » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:48 am

Can anyone provide me with a "how-to" on this one?
Splise

Return to General Help and Support