Cannot get subtitles to work at all

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Cannot get subtitles to work at all

Postby coolcat » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:52 am

When I first tried PMS, I downloaded the latest version and found the video and audio was out of sync. So I went back and downloaded version 1.30.1. And whilst the mkvs I play don't seem to play when I go to transcode and select AviSynth or MEncoder, they work perfect with TsMuxer. However, I now need to play subtitles with these mkv files and that just doesn't work with TsMuxer. Anything you guys can recommend? Maybe trying to get the files to work with AviSynth/MEncoder, but not sure what codecs I would need as I already have Avisynth 2.5, K-Lite Codec Pack and CCCP. Thanks for your time :)
coolcat

Re: Cannot get subtitles to work at all

Postby coolcat » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Any suggests please guys? I think trying to get the mkvs playing with MEncoder is the best option but I'm not sure how?
coolcat

Best codec packs to use?

Postby coolcat » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:08 am

Trying to get mkv to play using MEncoder (currently only plays when using TsMuxer). What's the best codec packs to have? I currently have CCCP and K-lite codec packs.
coolcat

Re: Best codec packs to use?

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:56 am

chocolateboy
Project Member

Re: Cannot get subtitles to work at all

Postby coolcat » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:40 am

Thanks for that link didn't really help. I tried downloading Shark codecs, but the mkvs still only play via Transcode using TsMuxer and so I still can't get subtitles to work. Maybe I can convert the files slightly to make them work with MEncoder/Avisynth? Anyone know if that is possible. Parts of the mkvs are in a foreign language so I really need subtitles!
coolcat

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:47 am

coolcat wrote:Trying to get mkv to play using MEncoder

MEncoder is not AviSynth/MEncoder. As stated in the linked post, the MEncoder engine doesn't use third-party codecs (and as also stated in that thread, the Shark007 codecs were for the Xbox, not PMS).

Subtitle support has nothing to do with codecs or AviSynth:

FAQ: I have a problem with PMS. Do I need to upgrade anything?
Subtitle filename convention
Problem Reporting Guidelines
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby coolcat » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:29 am

chocolateboy wrote:
coolcat wrote:Trying to get mkv to play using MEncoder

MEncoder is not AviSynth/MEncoder. As stated in the linked post, the MEncoder engine doesn't use third-party codecs (and as also stated in that thread, the Shark007 codecs were for the Xbox, not PMS).

Subtitle support has nothing to do with codecs or AviSynth:

FAQ: I have a problem with PMS. Do I need to upgrade anything?
Subtitle filename convention
Problem Reporting Guidelines

Ok thanks for the info. Do you have any suggests as to what I could try to get them working with these mkvs?
coolcat

Return to General Help and Support