Music Library by genre etc?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Music Library by genre etc?

Postby tofts » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:03 am

I have been using PSM for a while now, but what really gripes me is the way it handles music.

I have a large library with over 1000 artists, is there some way of view the library in genre then artist then album?

I don;t particularly want to have to resort my folder structure as adding new music would become a bore, and itunes does a grand job for me

I have done some searching and come up with nothing concrete MLX doesn;t support audio yet and that's the closest I could find.

I currently have all my music in apple loss less format and run it through itunes, but could be persuaded to turn it all in to flac or whatever if it meant I could play it comfortably through the TV/surround without having to trawl through a massive huge list.

Thanks in advance,

Jody
tofts

Re: Music Library by genre etc?

Postby meskibob » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:50 am

Check the "Enable the cache" setting, and then on your device browse to the #Cache# folder, then the Audio folder, and then go to By Genre / Artist / Album.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support