Wireless Bridge Detection Problems

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Wireless Bridge Detection Problems

Postby AdamBritt » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:38 pm

I recently upgraded my routers and now my server can't detect the PS3. All of the settings are the same, aside from the server being on a Wireless N network.

Here is a breakdown of the configuration:

PSM PC connected to WZR-600DHP router with community DD-WRT Firmware set up as client bridge.
CFW router wirelessly connected to other WZR-600DHP with Stock Buffalo FW which is connected to the modem and acting as DHCP server.
PS3 connected to SFW router via Ethernet

My old setup was the same, except the PS3 was connected to the client bridge router and the server and modem were connected to the DHCP router. Both of these routers were Linksys WRT54g's, the stock one was a GL and the regular 54g on community DD-WRT.

I've gone over all of the settings, reset routers, made sure the firewall isn't blocking any programs, searched the forums, searched google. I set the PS3's MAC address to always have a static IP address, even though the PS3 is configured with that static IP address anyway. I can ping the PS3 from my server.

At this point, I have no idea what else to check, and I can't really go back to the Linksys routers because the throughput wasn't working out for my setup anymore. If anyone has any ideas, I will try just about anything at this point.

TIA
AdamBritt

Re: Wireless Bridge Detection Problems

Postby meskibob » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:11 pm

FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=20#p34933
Specifically check the subnet and UDP/multicast/IGMP blocking.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby AdamBritt » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:03 am

Thanks for the reply. Been through the FAQ, subnet is ok because I can ping the PS3. Port Forwarding has been set up for TCP and UDP 5001 on the routers and allowed through the firewall. If there is an option for IGMP in DD-WRT, I am unable to find it.
AdamBritt

Postby meskibob » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:22 am

Do other media server applications work with the same router settings?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby AdamBritt » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Others work on the wireless and plugged in to the main router, but anything through the wireless bridge isn't getting picked up by the Playstation.
AdamBritt

Postby meskibob » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Have you disabled everything else on the bridge; is the secondary router truly acting as a bridge? (e.g. SPI Firewall, any WAN blocking firewall settings, anything else that does any kind of packet filtering)
There's shouldn't be a need to port forward anything unless you're streaming web-content, and that shouldn't be configured on the bridge router (only the primary) if you are.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support