Crashing/skipping parts @ PMS - Seeking help badly

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Crashing/skipping parts @ PMS - Seeking help badly

Postby fragnot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:53 am

Hi!

I got a few issues with my PS3media server. Its annoying me as hell, and i really want to get it to work - again. Yes it have been working before, so i dont know what the problem is.

Allright, i can hook up my TV with PMS just fine, but when im playing a movie, it either just skips part of the movies, or simply crash. I have also checked out "PS3 Media Server for dummies / tutorial howto documentar" thread, but it seems abit hardcore for a newbie like me - the stuff about heapsize etc."

I managed to try different "Transcode Maximum Buffer size" - 300 and 600. But without a difference.

My setup is :

i7 2700k with 8GB ram, using cable to router.
Sony Bravia 48" screen, also using cable to router.
+ got a PS3 (just incase you can get it to work through that)

So, can someone please try and guide me through. Id really appreciate it.
Last edited by fragnot on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
fragnot

Re: Crashing/skipping parts @ PMS - Seeking help badly

Postby fragnot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:03 am

If someone can help me get it to work, id even consider giving a small donation via paypal :-I
fragnot

Re: Crashing/skipping parts @ PMS - Seeking help badly

Postby meskibob » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:56 pm

The FAQ explains that you might need some guess and check to get a working transcode buffer size value. 300 may not be low enough.
To confirm that this is the issue, check the debug.log for those keywords listed at the top of the FAQ post.
Unfortunately, if you want a larger buffer size (for better playback), you'll need to modify the heap settings in the bat file.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support