Subs and firewall problems and few question about settings

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Subs and firewall problems and few question about settings

Postby nikola2004mkd » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:32 am

Hi to all.

I have started to use PS3MS months ago, when it was in 1.54 version. At that time PS3MS was the best media streamer from quite a number of software’s that I tried. Better than Serviio, WMS, Twonky etc. and I didn’t have any problems with it. It get automatic pass thru firewall and it was the only media server that showed subtitles. When 1.60 version came out I tried it but with exactly the same settings subtitles didn’t work.

Few days ago I reinstalled my PC, and installed 1.70 version. Now subtitles don’t work with every single setting possible that I tried, and I couldn’t get it thru my ESET Smart Security firewall.

So could someone tell me how to get back my subtitles and to get a pass thru fire wall?

Now, I also want to stream to Sony Android phone. Is it possible to use PS3MS for that purpose and how? Could someone explain in details?

Also, when I want to add more devices in “Use an IP Filter” field, how should I separate IP addresses from several devices?

When I try to install PS3MS as a windows service all I get is “Error in the installation of the Windows service”. How can I install PS3MS as a windows service?
nikola2004mkd

Re: Subs and firewall problems and few question about settin

Postby chocolateboy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:57 am

nikola2004mkd wrote:subtitles don’t work with every single setting possible that I tried

FAQ: How can I supply details to help diagnose my problem?

I couldn’t get it thru my ESET Smart Security firewall.

FAQ: I cannot see PMS from my DLNA client

Now, I also want to stream to Sony Android phone.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14877

Also, when I want to add more devices in “Use an IP Filter” field, how should I separate IP addresses from several devices?

https://github.com/ps3mediaserver/ps3me ... .conf#L140
chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to General Help and Support