Stuck at "Copying Please Wait" after transfer

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Stuck at "Copying Please Wait" after transfer

Postby tnrst1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:51 am

I've been using PS3 Media Server for what seems like a couple of years without any trouble. A few weeks ago I started not being able to transfer a .mkv file to the hard drive of the PS3 because the transfer never completes. The mb's increase up to what seems like it is complete and then the drive light stops flashing and the screen still says "Copying Please Wait". I first had this issue when I updated to 1.70.1 so I downgraded to 1.60 but I still have the same issue. I updated to the latest PS3 software around the same time this started happening if that means anything. Does anybody have any thoughts?
tnrst1

Re: Stuck at "Copying Please Wait" after transfer

Postby tnrst1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 am

I should mention that I've let it sit for hours and it is still stuck. I have to hit cancel and it deletes the file.
tnrst1

Postby RickAce » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:19 pm

I have the exact same issue ~ and it has been an ongoing issue for myself. The only way I can get an .mkv file to transfer completely is to run it through the program "mkv2vob" then transfer the file it creates to the PS3.

I have PS3 Media Server 1.70.1 on both a Mac (v10.6.8) and Windows XP Pro (v2002 SP3) with the same unsatisfactory results.

I just pulled up Windows Task Manager and notice 2 instances of mencoder.exe running (is that normal?) and they a pegging my processor even though the transfer has stopped

FWIW: "Transcoding buffer status:" shows -6 MB and seems to be growing.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Rick
RickAce

Postby RickAce » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 pm

UPDATE: Since the PS3 was stuck at "Copying Please Wait" I went back upstairs and quit PS3 Media Server 1.70.1 and then traveled back downstairs to see what the PS3 response was ~ it stated some transfer error (800xxxxx ~ not sure ~ I failed to write it down ~ daaaa) so I selected "back" and checked the video media folder "B" that the movie should have made it to and viola it was there ~ from start to finish. I will see if it can be duplicated with the next movie I try to transfer.

Hope this helps the developers and others with the same issue.
RickAce

Return to General Help and Support