ps3 media server + dlink dir 655

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

ps3 media server + dlink dir 655

Postby dannemeinecke » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 am

Hi!

I having some problem with ps3 media server.
The ps3 is wierd connected to the dlink dir 655 + a bridged zyxel p2812(vsdl).
The problem is that the ps3 media server does not recognize the ps3, from time 2 time i does but after a while i get some error messeges like: "dlna problem", "A network problem has accourd".

I have updated the ps3mediaserver to the latest software, i have tried manual config ip-adresses, both from router and from nic on pc.
The routers firmware is uptodate and also the NIC driver.
I have tried reset on router, set the ps3 up with pppoe / dmz, but still the connection seems to be unstable.

I use the ordinary ip range 192.168...., and when i run the connection test on ps3 it always says "ok".

Anyone known with the same problems, have and fix/tips how to setup the media server/router to work as good as possible with the ps3 mediaserver?

I havent rly reed the forum..,so if there is a thread covering the area , pls post a link.

Best Regards,
Daniel
dannemeinecke

Re: ps3 media server + dlink dir 655

Postby meskibob » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:48 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: ps3 media server + dlink dir 655

Postby penguin42 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:23 am

For the benefit of anyone coming here via search, specifically with the dir 655 you have to turn on "Enable Multicast Streams" under Advanced->Advanced Network (otherwise it seems to block the PS3's search packets, though the alive packets from the server still work)
penguin42

Return to General Help and Support