[SOLVED]This content cannot be played (800288E1)

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: [SOLVED]This content cannot be played (800288E1)

Postby Charmy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Tried a better search and it did find a few files, but deleting them doesn't seem to do the trick.
Charmy

Postby Stomans » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Even after reboot ? Have you tried using UMS to see if that works?
Apart from those two suggestions I'm sorry I can't help anymore.
Stomans

Postby Charmy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Are you using a PS3 to stream with? If you are, is your firmware the latest 4.31? My problems started around the time I downloaded that.
Charmy

Postby Stomans » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:19 am

Yes, streaming to PS3 with 4.31
Stomans

Postby demonaz » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:07 am

Anyone solved this after the 4.31?
demonaz

Postby ikkels » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:34 am

Stomans wrote:
Charmy wrote:In The PS3 media server folder right? Tried and it didn't help. ><

I'm running Windows 7 and searched for *.cache-3
The search found about 8 files with the extension .cache-3 in multiple places on my PC
I deleted all the files found with that extension and it cured the issue on both PS3 Media Server and Universal Media Server with no adverse affects on anything else.

Thank you so much man, finally it works again ^^
ikkels

Postby demonaz » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:37 am

ikkels wrote:
Stomans wrote:
Charmy wrote:In The PS3 media server folder right? Tried and it didn't help. ><

I'm running Windows 7 and searched for *.cache-3
The search found about 8 files with the extension .cache-3 in multiple places on my PC
I deleted all the files found with that extension and it cured the issue on both PS3 Media Server and Universal Media Server with no adverse affects on anything else.

Thank you so much man, finally it works again ^^

That doesn't work for me...
demonaz

Postby quasicrystal666 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:25 pm

THE SOLUTION IS MOST PROBABLY HERE IN THIS POST! READ!
Like many of you, I'd been using this program almost flawlessly for weeks or months, but suddenly one day I couldn't play any video with subtitles, since I'd get that dreaded message "This content cannot be played".

1. I didn't have AviSynth/Mencoder activated, but I'd disable it since many people in this thread have done it.
2. I searched in Windows for *.cache-3. It found 2-3 files, I deleted them, but that still didn't solve my problem.
3. I closed PMS and then I opened CCleaner (a great little program everyone should have) and I noticed a section under "System" named "Font Cache". Select it and run the cleaner. I opened PMS again and voila, I could play my videos again. Remember, keep PMS closed while doing it. Just to be sure, I'd tick on all options under "System" and clean them.

Hope it helps!
quasicrystal666

Postby Urud7 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:20 am

quasicrystal666 wrote:THE SOLUTION IS MOST PROBABLY HERE IN THIS POST! READ!
Like many of you, I'd been using this program almost flawlessly for weeks or months, but suddenly one day I couldn't play any video with subtitles, since I'd get that dreaded message "This content cannot be played".

1. I didn't have AviSynth/Mencoder activated, but I'd disable it since many people in this thread have done it.
2. I searched in Windows for *.cache-3. It found 2-3 files, I deleted them, but that still didn't solve my problem.
3. I closed PMS and then I opened CCleaner (a great little program everyone should have) and I noticed a section under "System" named "Font Cache". Select it and run the cleaner. I opened PMS again and voila, I could play my videos again. Remember, keep PMS closed while doing it. Just to be sure, I'd tick on all options under "System" and clean them.

Hope it helps!

sorry sir.... tonight i have read all the thread... and i have set all, as explained bye you and others... but unfortunally... NO WORK, from two/three months no one MKV + SUB(ASS) WORK UNDER WINDOWS 7

My system below:

WINDOWS 7 SP1 (fully update)
PS3 with latest firmware upgrade
i have try all.... repeat: ALL the pms version and all the java version.... and all the compination made bye K-lite or CCCP pack.... NOT WORK... N O T W O R K
Urud7

Postby boke2 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi there,

i have the same issue. This error happens because the program mencode under linux doesnt know the option "-nosub". In the debug.log you can find that mencode was My problem was solved by comment the lines 1393 and 1408 (cmdList.add("-nosub");) in ps3mediaserver/blob/master/src/main/java/net/pms/encoders/MEncoderVideo.java and recompile the project. With the new pms.jar the errorcode was gone.
I hope that in future versions the error ist solved.
I tryed to load the new pms.jar as attachment but i get a error. So hopfully somebody fix the issue in the new version.
boke2

PreviousNext

Return to General Help and Support