Explanation of Start/Stop Playing Events

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Explanation of Start/Stop Playing Events

Postby ms29zippy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:17 am

Hello everyone,

PS3 Media Server generally works fine but whenever I stream a movie from my PC to my PS3 I get infrequent freezing of the playback, this lasts about 10 seconds and then it plays fine again for another 20 minutes or so. It will sometimes come up on the PS3 that a network error has occurred with different codes.

When looking at the PS3 server traces it shows that the movie experiences a STOPPLAYINGEVENT and then a few seconds later a STARTPLAYINGEVENT.

I suppose what I am asking is what is this meaning or what is it that is making the media server experience these events?

Also, I am unable to post a debug.log file to help as it shows in traces that "access is denied" for the debug/log file located under the PS3 Media Server install location so does anyone know how to fix this as no debug file shows up in the installation folder?

Many Thanks for any help you can give.

Marc
ms29zippy

Re: Explanation of Start/Stop Playing Events

Postby Raptor399 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:34 am

Raptor399
Project Member

Postby ms29zippy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:29 pm

Have looked in all suggested places for the debug.log file but it doesnt show anywhere. If i manage to get it to play correctly without crashing my PC then I will post the traces that show the STOP/START EVENTS but there is never any extra info other than that the renderer has experiences a stop/start event.

ATTACHED BELOW IS THE TRACE LOG WHICH I HAVE COPY AND PASTED INTO A ZIP FILE

I have played the exact same file that I played last night which has just crashed my PC and yet last night all it did was freeze the video and then play again so even playing the same file sometimes gives differing scenarios.

On some occasions the video will pause and then my entire PC will crash and need to reboot or less frequently the PS3 will crash.
I can also not save any settings that are changed so everytime I start up the media server app I have to manually select Playstation 3 as my Default Renderer. I leave all other settings on the default, so 110mb bandwith and using Mencoder with 400mb transcode buffer size.

I have Windows 7, Intel I5-2300 CPU @ 2.8ghz 3.00ghz and 8gb ram with a wired connection to the PS3.

I operate a home network so another computer is linked onto the network.

Hope this info helps a bit, let me know if you need anything else and many thanks.

Marc
Attachments
ps3 media server log.zip
(2.04 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
ms29zippy

Postby ms29zippy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:08 pm

This is the trace log after the movie had finished playing.

The first time the movie froze it said a "network error had occurred"
The second time it said the "PS3 media server has been disconnected"

Film played fine after both these issues and the server app is still connected ok to the ps3, like i said previously it seems to be random errors and events at different times.

2nd part of log is attached

Thanks for any help
Attachments
ps3 media server 2.zip
(1.2 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
ms29zippy

Postby crakarjax » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:03 pm

I have the same exact issue, and I have seen other posts with this issue as well. Apparently noone cares to fix it. How does the version continue to increase with no apparent attention to the bugs being reported?
crakarjax

Return to General Help and Support