Sopcast Issue

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Sopcast Issue

Postby SyXxMachine » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:48 pm

First of all, thank you for making an absolutely incredible peice of software(my only gripe would be to rename this to HD Media Server so that more people can experience this as it also works flawlessly on my xBox 360)

Ill start off by saying that I can play 1080p HD content absolutely fine via this software and find it difficult to find something it cannot play . . except re-streaming Sopcast from my PC to the PS3.

Now connection wise, it's all set up absolutely fine and Im using 1.10.51. I have an alienware laptop specs below:

* Intel® Core™2 Duo Extreme Processors (6MB Cache, 800MHz FSB)
* Intel PM965 + ICH8-M Chipset
* 8GB Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz

The server setup is connected via 100mbit ethernet.

The SopCast streams is all set up in my config file and connects and does play - unfortunately I have the following 2 issues.

1 - The Audio sounds like its on fast forward, it isnt encoding properly at all - very Smuf-like.
2 - After about 30 seconds of flawless video playback it begins to stop and stutter and become like a slideshow.

Whilst this is happening - The source sopcast stream is playing absolutely fine on my laptop.

Any help with this would be absolutely fantasically appreciated,
SyXxMachine

Return to General Help and Support