Idiots Guide to the PS3 Media Server???

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Idiots Guide to the PS3 Media Server???

Postby Wiza » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:33 pm

Has anyone created an idiots guide to the PS3 Media Server yet? If so could you please post the link? My technological experience is below the level that many of you are at and even though I feel that I’m close to getting this program to work correctly I’ve run into a small road block… Try not to laugh too hard, but I do not know where to post the URL in the media server so that I can see streaming video on my PS3.

I’m running windows XP on my computer and I have the Java PS3 media server downloaded and it’s visible on my PS3. That’s about as far as I’ve made it. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.
Wiza

Re: Idiots Guide to the PS3 Media Server???

Postby meskibob » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:40 pm

You need to edit the WEB.conf file that's in the PMS install directory (eg C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server). For more examples of what to do browse through this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support