Files get too big if there are subs

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Files get too big if there are subs

Postby Dakilla » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi,

Today i installed the latest ps3 mediaserver. I also bought a 500 gb hdd for my ps3.

Anyway, i wanted to copy series from my mediaserver to my ps3 and it works. However, 1 episode is normally 350 mb and when i copy it from ps3mediaserver to my ps3, it makes the file 1.3 gb. I have all the episodes in 1 folder with all the subs (.srt files) in the same folder. Now when i put the episodes in a folder without the .srt subs, then it will copy the file like a normal 350 mb file. But when the .srt subs are in the same folder, it will make the episodes 1.3 gb each. So this is my problem. Is there a way of having the episodes and the subs in the same map, so it will also copy the subs to my ps3, and when u copy the episode like a normal 350 mb file instead of a 1.3 gb file?

Take care
Dakilla

Re: Files get too big if there are subs

Postby meskibob » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:53 pm

It's getting bigger because it's transcoding inorder to add the subtitles into the film.. The only way to reduce the file size while keeping the subtitles will be to decrease the quality and/or max bandwidth under PMS transcode settings.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Files get too big if there are subs

Postby Dakilla » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Ok, thanks.
Dakilla

Return to General Help and Support