PMS will not start

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PMS will not start

Postby Suaveburn » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Ps3 media server will not start i tried the JAVA_HOME and PATH fixes, it didn't help at all i have uninstalled and reinstallled ps3 media server i have attatched my log,however i cannot help but feel that this is a simple fix and i am overlooking something
output.zip
LOG
(912 Bytes) Downloaded 23 times
Suaveburn

Re: PMS will not start

Postby meskibob » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:28 pm

It looks like an issue with your Java install - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p41214
Did you fully uninstall Java and reinstall?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Suaveburn » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:06 pm

yes it didnt help in the least. i have some new information not sure if it will be helpful,
after starting the PMS (attempting to) the process Javaw starts then almost immediately closes. java is installed and using java -version from cmd from any location produces a positive result
Suaveburn

Postby squadjot » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:52 am

I'm having serious issues with installing java .. On my XP machine it's uninstalled, but windows installer service wont install it. I'm planning to reinstall the machine only because of this =/
On my windows /, the update fails, again something with windoss installer.. but atleast java 7-02 installed, so PMS works.

Its' crappeh
squadjot

Return to General Help and Support